Forecast Grade: Fair
What went wrong?
- Thought more heavy snow would shift northward up into NW PA. Stayed south near Butler.
- Thought back edge of system would stay further south in NW PA. Enough heavy snow with this batch gave Oil City 6 inches though, which was in my 5-10″ forecast
- -Ice was the worst in northern MD and southern PA which I expected. Ice accumulations more than expected. More ice in NW PA than I expected, though.
Ice Totals and Snowfall Totals maps courtesy of http://www.erh.noaa.gov/hydromet/
- Erie: 8-12″
- Oil City: 5-10″
- Franklin: 4-8″
- Butler: 3-6″
- New Castle: 3-6″
- Pittsburgh: 1-3″ dahntahn; 2-4″ in the Burbs. (Up to .2″ of ice)
- Uniontown: Maybe an inch or 2. Sleet/rain mainly.
- Bradford: 6-12″
- State College: 3-6″. (<0.1″ of ice)
- Breezewood: 1-3″ of snow. (Up to 0.5″ of ice)
- Scranton: 5-10″
- Reading: 1-3″ of snow. (Up to 0.3″ of ice)
- Philly: 1-2″ of snow. (Up to 0.3″ of ice). Burbs north could see 2-4″ of snow (Up to 0.5″ of ice)
- NYC: 2-4″. (Up to 0.4″ of ice)
- Frederick, MD: (Up to 0.4 inches of ice)
- DC: Mainly rain with some crap potentially mixed in. Ice should stay north of city.
Location Snowfall/Ice Totals (Courtesy of National Weather Service):