Looks like a warm start to the holiday week overall (after a cold morning this morning) as an active pattern keeps temperatures above normal. Rain will be a risk pretty much every day through Christmas Eve, with western PA being the exception during much of the day today. Highs will reach into the upper 30s to low 40s in western PA today before 40s and 50s move in through the middle of the week. Lows in the 30s tonight will rise into the 40s tomorrow night before 30s move back in Wednesday night. The DC Region will see highs in the mid to upper 30s late today before mid to upper 40s move in tomorrow and low to mid 60s settle in on Wednesday. Lows in the mid to upper 30s tonight will rise into the mid 40s tomorrow night and Wednesday night. Snow looks like it’ll happen in western PA on Christmas, at least early on in the day, so great news along that front. The warm pattern continues otherwise.
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 18
- Franklin, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 11
- New Castle, PA: 23; Wind Chill: 23
- Butler, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 13
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 27; Wind Chill: 19
- Uniontown, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- State College, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 21
- Frederick, MD: 28; Wind Chill: 28
- BWI Airport, MD: 29; Wind Chill: 29
- DC (KDCA): 34; Wind Chill: 34
Main threat: Rains may cause slipp’y roads. Freezing rain possible in mountains east of Pittsburgh and into Central PA tonight.
- Today: Partly sunny. Chance of showers late. Highs: Upper 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Tuesday: Chance of rain. Highs: Upper 40s to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
- Wednesday: Chance of rain and snow, mainly late. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
Main threat: Rain may cause slippery roads.
- Today: Rain likely. Maybe some sleet/snow mixes in. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Tuesday: Rain likely. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
- Wednesday: Rain. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
Good News: Longer term outlook doesn’t look as cold as previously thought over the next couple weeks. Snow is possible on Christmas in western PA.
Bad News: Wet Christmas travel through Christmas Day. Christmas Eve looks to be the sloppiest.