Looks like a dreary start to your weekend as rain and snow moves into western PA while DC sees rain on Saturday. More moisture in the region has allowed for temperatures to stay above freezing for much of western PA tonight, keeping any precipitation as just rain. The chance of rain and snow will move in tomorrow as a better push of cold air allows for a chance of snow to mix into western PA, especially closer to Lake Erie. Sunday will dry out as partly cloudy skies settle into the region. Highs in western PA will be in the mid 40s to low 50s today before low to mid 40s move in on Saturday and Sunday. Lows in the mid to upper 30s tonight will drop off into the mid 20s to low 30s by tomorrow night and Sunday night. DC will see mostly cloudy skies throughout today before a chance of rain moves in on Saturday and conditions dry out on Sunday. Highs in the upper 50s and low 60s today will drop into the low 50s tomorrow before upper 40s move in on Sunday. Lows in the mid to upper 40s overnight tonight will drop into the low 40s tomorrow night before mid 30s move in Sunday night. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Stay warm and dry!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 42; Wind Chill: 37
- Franklin, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 39
- New Castle, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 41
- Butler, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 43
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 44; Wind Chill: 41
- Uniontown, PA: 42; Wind Chill: 42
- State College, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 39
- Frederick, MD: 48; Wind Chill: 48
- BWI Airport, MD: 47; Wind Chill: 47
- DC (KDCA): 49; Wind Chill: 47
Main threat: Rain today. Snow mixing in with rain on Saturday.
- Today: Showers likely. Highs: Mid 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: 30s
- Saturday: Chance of rain/snow. Snow potentially mixes in during the morning and evening hours. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
- Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Main threat: Showers on Saturday.
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Highs: Upper 50s/Low 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Saturday: Chance of showers. Highs: Upper 40s/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low 40s
- Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s
Good News: Temperatures recover next week.
Bad News: Sloppy conditions for the first half of the weekend. Cold nights.