Definitely keep an eye on the roads this morning as some icy conditions are possible, mainly on untreated surfaces in both the western PA and the DC Region. I know this since I almost slipped on our stoop this morning. Scattered snow showers will linger early in the day today before conditions dry out on Saturday. Sunday will be an interesting system as models trended warmer (and northward) with the system, allowing for significant snowfall chances across all of PA to increase. southern PA could see the best threat of mixing with this system, but all areas should change over to snow at some point. The Pittsburgh region could see 3-6″ with this system, while the higher elevations could see 4-8″ to the east and north of Pittsburgh. Locally higher amounts are possible in higher elevations and wherever heavy band sets up north of rain/snow line. Risks could still occur with NW PA if further warm changes occur. If warmer changes, Pittsburgh could see less snow and NW PA could see more snow. If colder changes, Pittsburgh could see more snow and NW PA could miss out on the substantial snow. I’ll keep an eye on this during the weekend. In the DC Region, we’re looking at a slight risk of light snow showers early this morning before the afternoon dries out and mostly sunny skies move in by Saturday. Sunday looks to be a slop fest, as rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet are all in the game for potential precipitation. Light or no snow accumulations are expected at this point. This could change if colder changes occur with the models. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! As always be safe!
- Erie, PA: 23; Wind Chill: 14
- Franklin, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 6
- New Castle, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 7
- Butler, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 16
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 26; Wind Chill: 13
- Uniontown, PA: 26; Wind Chill: 20
- State College, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 19
- Frederick, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 29
- BWI Airport, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 28
- DC (KDCA): 40; Wind Chill: 32
Main threat: Light snow and untreated surfaces could cause for slick roads today. Sunday brings a good threat of substantial snowfall.
- Today: Chance of snow early in the day. Mostly cloudy. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Mid 10s to Low 20s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper Single Digits
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s to Low 20s
- Sunday: Snow likely. Sleet/Rain could mix in across SW PA. Breezy. Highs: Mid 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits/10s
Main threat: Slick untreated surfaces this morning. Sunday brings a mix of rubbish into the region. This will continue into early Monday.
- Today: Chance of lingering light snow early. Decreasing clouds during afternoon. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s to Low 20s
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 20s to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
- Sunday: Wintry mix, mainly later in the day. Changes over to snow into Monday. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Good News: Dry conditions move in by Saturday. Storm system Sunday into Monday morning could bring delays/closings to PA schools.
Bad News: Slick roads/sidewalks possible this morning. Driving later on Sunday into early Monday could be rough. Use caution.