The cold heart of winter continues to pump as temperatures in the single digits and wind chills well below 0 are occurring outside the warm blankets of your home. Wind chills in the -10s across much of western PA while the DC Region even has wind chills below 0. Wind chills could drop to -30 in the lower elevations of western PA through early tomorrow while the mountains toward central PA could see values as low as -40. The DC region could see wind chills in the -10s tonight into early tomorrow. A slight chance of light snow could occur across western PA today before mostly sunny skies move in on Friday. A wintry mix is likely on Saturday in western PA as snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain, and the whole orchestra are possible across the region. North of Interstate 80 should see the best chance for a few inches of snow while south of I-80 should see more mixing of rain/freezing rain into the area through Sunday. Highs in the low to mid single digits today in western PA will stay in the single digits on Friday before low to mid 30s push in on Saturday. Lows in the negative single digits/-10s tonight will rise into the positive single digits tomorrow night before upper 20s to mid 30s push in on Saturday night. DC will see partly cloudy skies today with a slight chance of flurries. Mostly sunny skies will push in on Friday before a chance of wintry mix moves in later on Saturday. The DC Region will see afternoon highs in the mid to upper 10s as mid 10s to low 20s push in on Friday. Highs will rise into the mid to upper 30s by late Saturday. Lows in the low to mid single digits tonight will rise into the upper single digits/low 10s on Friday night before overnight lows hold in the low to mid 30s by Saturday night. Stay warm, drink hot chocolate (not coffee), and have a great day! Take care folks, only a couple work days until the weekend!
- Erie, PA: 2; Wind Chill: -13
- Franklin, PA: 1; Wind Chill: -11
- New Castle, PA: -1; Wind Chill: -15
- Butler, PA: 1; Wind Chill: -12
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 1; Wind Chill: -14
- Uniontown, PA: 1; Wind Chill: -9
- State College, PA: 5; Wind Chill: -14
- Frederick, MD: 14; Wind Chill: -1
- BWI Airport, MD: 11; Wind Chill: -4
- DC (KDCA): 15; Wind Chill: 1
Main threat: Dangerously cold as wind chills could drop as low as -30 in lower elevations of western PA today/tomorrow. Wintry mix could cause icy roads on Saturday/Sunday.
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Chance of flurries early. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid Single Digits Overnight Lows: Negative Single Digits/Low -10s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Single Digits Overnight Lows: Single Digits
- Saturday: Wintry mix likely. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s to Mid 30s
Main threat: Bitter cold today and tomorrow. Wind chills in the -10s possible mainly tonight into early Friday.
- Today: Partly sunny. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Mid to Upper 10s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid Single Digits
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 10s to Low 20s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits/Low 10s
- Saturday: Wintry mix likely later in the day. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Good News: Weekend warms up. Models continue to bring a pattern change by the start of next month. We may get to thaw out after all.
Bad News: Windy conditions cause very cold conditions. Record lows may be broken. Wintry mix this weekend could cause travel issues.