It is March and we live in the Mid-Atlantic. It is going to snow during this month. Looking like rain and snow this morning will changeover to all rain by the late morning/afternoon in the DC Region/Western PA. Accumulations should be highest in the higher elevations of Central PA/western MD as 2-5″ is possible in the grassy areas. The far NW ‘burbs of DC could see 1-3″ in the grass up near Frederick while the DC metro area sees nothing to 1″ in the grass or so. Once the sun comes up, the changeover to rain game is on. Looks like a chance of showers is possible in northern PA on Saturday while the DC Region stays dry. Western PA and DC will continue to dry out into Sunday. Highs will rise into the upper 30s to mid 40s today before upper 40s to mid 50s track in on Saturday. Afternoon highs will drop into the 30s on Sunday. Lows in the mid 30s to low 40s tonight will fall into the 20s Saturday night before Sunday night brings upper 10s to mid 20s into the area. The DC Region will see highs in the upper 30s to low 40s today before mid to upper 50s track in on Saturday and upper 40s to low 50s push in on Sunday lows will drop into the low to mid 30s tonight before mid 30s to low 40s track in on Saturday night and low to mid 30s settle in on Sunday night. Hope you all have a great weekend! A good day to enjoy some more basketball! Take care folks!
- Erie, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- Franklin, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- New Castle, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 37
- Butler, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 29
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 33; Wind Chill: 27
- Uniontown, PA: 36; Wind Chill: 36
- State College, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 27
- Frederick, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- BWI Airport, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 28
- DC (KDCA): 41; Wind Chill: 36
Main threat: Rain and snow. Snow sticks mainly to higher elevations east and north of Pittsburgh. Melts during afternoon and Saturday.
- Today: Rain and snow. Highs: Upper 30s to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s to Low 40s
- Saturday: Partly sunny. Slight chance of showers in northern PA. Highs: Upper 40s to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: 20s
- Sunday: Partly cloudy. Afternoon Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s to Mid 20s
Main threat: Rain and snow. Most snow falls well to the north and west of DC. Most accumulations will melt during the late morning/ afternoon.
- Today: Rain and snow. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid 50s to Low 60s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s to Low 40s
- Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Upper 40s/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Good News: It is officially spring.
Bad News: Sloppy morning across the Mid-Atlantic. Could cause some travel issues and bad driving by some.