After a snowy and sloppy day yesterday across the region, conditions start to dry out over the next couple days. Western PA will see mostly cloudy skies today before I bring some sunshine to the region on Friday when I drive up. Saturday will increase clouds across the region before a chance of snow moves in mainly later in the evening. The DC Region will see mostly cloudy skies today before mostly sunny skies settle in on Friday. A chance of snow and sleet is possible overnight Friday into Saturday before changing over to rain and snow during the day Saturday. A few inches of wet snow is possible for the northern burbs and into northern MD, but a cold air source region isn’t in place to keep temperatures cold enough for all snow. Highs in western PA will sit in the mid 20s to low 30s today before 30s settle in on Friday. Saturday will allow for mid to upper 30s across the region. Lows in the mid 10s to low 20s tonight will rise into the 20s tomorrow night before Saturday night brings in mid 20s to low 30s. The DC Region will look at highs in the low to mid 40s today and tomorrow before upper 30s settle in on Saturday. Lows in the mid 20s to low 30s tonight will rise into the low to mid 30s tomorrow night before upper 20s and low 30s push in Saturday night. Looks like accumulating snow should occur on Sunday and into Monday across PA, but models disagree on the track and amount of moisture with this system currently. DC could also receive some accumulating snow late Sunday and into Monday. I will hopefully have a better outlook tomorrow. I’ll keep yinz updated with the forecast. A couple more work days until the weekend. Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- Franklin, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 17
- New Castle, PA: 26; Wind Chill: 20
- Butler, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 21
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 32; Wind Chill: 24
- Uniontown, PA: 31; Wind Chill: 27
- State College, PA: 26; Wind Chill: 26
- Frederick, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 27
- BWI Airport, MD: 32; Wind Chill: 26
- DC (KDCA): 37; Wind Chill: 33
Main threat: Snow threat later on Saturday and into Sunday and Monday could cause slick roads.
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Highs: Mid 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s to Low 20s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Afternoon Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: 20s
- Saturday: Chance of snow, especially late. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
Main threat: Rain and snow on Saturday. Slick roads possible.
- Today: Partly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Chance of snow/sleet overnight. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Saturday: Rain, snow, and sleet. A few inches of wet snow could accumulate well north of the city. Highs: Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s to Low 30s
Good News: Dry weather the next couple days. Warming trend into the early weekend.
Bad News: Snow, sleet, and rain could bring slippery roads to the DC Region on Saturday. Snow is possible in western PA on Sunday and Monday. Cold air could looks to return by the middle of next week in western PA. Models have trended colder through early February.