Looks like a break from the snow takes place over the next couple days but cold weather has already shifted back into western PA. Wind chills into the -10s are possible today and early tomorrow. Looks like clouds will decrease throughout the day in western PA before mostly sunny skies settle into the area on Saturday. A threat of snow will push into western PA on Sunday as 3-6″ of snow could occur in NW PA (higher risks possible) through Monday. More mixing is possible the further south of I-80 you go, with a coating to 2″ possible in the Pittsburgh area. Warmer risks could cut into snow totals while colder risks could increase snow totals, especially in SW PA. Highs will only rise into the upper single digits to mid 10s today as overnight lows drop into the positive and negative single digits. Mid 10s to low 20s will push in on Saturday before lows dip into the 10s and low 20s during the night. Highs in the 30s are expected on Sunday before lows Sunday night before lows dip into the upper 20s and low 30s Sunday night. The DC Region will see partly sunny skies today before mostly sunny skies move in on Saturday. A chance of rain and snow will move in later on Sunday. Highs will hold steady in the low to mid 30s today before upper 20s to low 30s push in on Saturday mid 30s to low 40s settle in on Sunday. Lows in the 10s tonight will rise into the mid 10s to low 20s Saturday night before temperatures hold steady in the mid 30s Sunday night. Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Enjoy yourselves folks!
- Erie, PA: -5; Wind Chill: -5
- Franklin, PA: 0; Wind Chill: 0
- New Castle, PA: -2; Wind Chill: -2
- Butler, PA: 0; Wind Chill: 0
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 4; Wind Chill: -8
- Uniontown, PA: 7; Wind Chill: 7
- State College, PA: 12; Wind Chill: 12
- Frederick, MD: 27; Wind Chill: 21
- BWI Airport, MD: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- DC (KDCA): 34; Wind Chill: 29
Main threat: Light snow possible today and tonight. May cause for slick roadways. Bigger sloppy mess possible Sunday and Monday.
- Today: Decreasing clouds. Partly cloudy overall. Highs: Upper Single Digits to Mid 10s Overnight Lows: +/- Single Digits
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 10s to Low 20s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits/10s
- Sunday: Snow likely. Mixing potential mainly south of I-80. 3-6″ north of I-80. Coating-2″ near Pittsburgh. Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
Main threat: Snow today could cause people to drive like DC just didn’t see more significant snow on Saturday.
- Friday: Flurries early. Partly sunny. Highs: Upper 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: 10s
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s to Low 20s
- Sunday: Chance of rain, mainly later in the day. Could mix in snow flakes overnight. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s
Good News: More active pattern early next week = warmer pattern next week. 30s and 40s possible in Western PA. 50s could move into DC mid next week.
Bad News: Sloppy looking Sunday through mid week as rain/mix/snow move into East.