And boom goes the dynamite. The cold will lay the smack down upon the region starting tonight as this bitter cold patter (similar to last Sunday) will persist through Friday. Before this frigid weather returns, snow will push across the region today. 1-3″ of snow is expected across much of western PA (locally more possible in mountains east of Pittsburgh) through tomorrow morning. Mostly cloudy skies will push in on Thursday before mostly sunny skies (but cold conditions) settle in on Friday. Highs in the mid 10s to low 20s today will give way to afternoon highs in the low to mid single digits on Thursday. Friday will hold steady in the single digits. Lows in the positive and negative single digits tonight will fall solely into the negative single digits/low -10s Thursday night before single digits move in on Friday night. The DC Region will see light accumulations from snow later today and into tonight as heavier snow squalls could reduce visibilities at times. Partly sunny skies are expected on Thursday before mostly sunny skies push in on Friday. Highs in the upper 20s to low 30s today will fall into the mid 10s to low 20s on Thursday and Friday. Lows will drop into the mid to upper 10s tonight before low to mid single digits push in on Thursday night. Mid single digits to low 10s are expected Friday night. Winds will cause wind chills to drop to well below 0 (as low as -30) in western PA on Thursday and Friday. Wind chills below 0 could occur in the DC Region on Thursday and Friday as well. Hope you all have a great day! It’s hump day. Get over it!
- Erie, PA: 15; Wind Chill: 5
- Franklin, PA: 12; Wind Chill: 0
- New Castle, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 7
- Butler, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 5
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 16; Wind Chill: 4
- Uniontown, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 8
- State College, PA: 9; Wind Chill: 9
- Frederick, MD: 5; Wind Chill: 5
- BWI Airport, MD: 6; Wind Chill: -3
- DC (KDCA): 17; Wind Chill: 9
Main threat: Blowing snow could reduce visibilities and cover roads. Dangerously cold Thursday and Friday.
- Today: Snow likely. Windy. Highs: 10s Overnight Lows: Negative/Positive Single Digits
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of flurries early. Windy Highs: Low to Mid Single Digits Overnight Lows: Negative Single Digits/Low -10s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Single Digits Overnight Lows: Single Digits
Main threat: Snow squalls could reduce visibilities. Frigid Thursday and Friday.
- Today: Chance of snow. Could be heavy at times. Windy. Highs: Upper 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Thursday: Partly sunny. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 10s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid Single Digits
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 10s Overnight Lows: Mid Single Digits to Low 10s
Good News: Weekend warms up a bit. Models continue to bring a pattern change by the beginning of March, but the cold pattern will be tough to break quickly.
Bad News: Freezing wind chills/temperatures return on Thursday and Friday. Wet weather is expected during the weekend, which could cause a wintry mix with the warm up. Temperatures decline again next week.