Final Forecast Snow Totals Through Sunday:
- DC: 18-24″
- Baltimore: 18-24″
- Frederick, MD: 18-24″
- Philly: 12-18″
- NYC: 5-10″
- Oil City: 0″ ‘
- Pittsburgh: 2-5″
- South Hills: 3-6″
- Uniontown, PA: 8-12″
Locally heavier amounts of snow are possible, especially near DC/Baltimore.
Risks With Forecast:
- Generally conservative with my forecasts
- Slow moving storm = higher snow amounts are possible.
- Heavy snow Friday afternoon through Saturday
- Wind gusts up to 60mph possible near DC/Baltimore/NYC
- Power outages possible with heavy snow and wind, especially near DC/Baltimore/NYC
Best Way To Go About Dealing With This Storm:
- Stay the hell home if you are in DC/MD/Northern VA/Philly. Don’t go out and try to drive in the snow.
- In DC/Northern MD/Philly, have some sort of heat source that isn’t run on electricity
- Make sure you have plenty of food to eat.
- BE SAFE!
Thoughts on Storm Friday:
- Winter storm likely to occur on Friday/Saturday. Rain to impact SE while significant snow/mix is possible in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
- Still too early to tell the exact track of the system. Start to narrow margin of error and potentially get into specifics on Wednesday.
- Latest models have recently been shifting the system southward. However, some models still keep southern PA in a significant band of snow.
- Recent cold air will help snow to stick in areas that are near the rain snow line where the heaviest snow will likely fall.
- DC/Philly/NYC are currently in a good zone for getting significant snow, but like I said, models are still shifting the track of the storm.
- I’ll try to keep you updated with my thoughts. Be aware of this and plan accordingly.
3 Day Forecasts:
Today is obviously a cold day in western PA as mostly cloudy skies stick around and some flurries may fly around at times during the day. NW PA (Erie, Crawford, Warren, McKean Counties) remains under a lake effect snow warning until Tuesday morning as 3-6″ of additional snowfall is expected with potential for higher amounts in localized areas. Tuesday will bring partly sunny skies to SW PA while NW PA looks at a chance of snow showers and mostly cloudy skies. Wednesday looks to keep a chance of accumulating snow showers to western PA. Up to a few inches could fall in most locations in western PA. Highs will only reach into the upper single digits to low 10s today before highs bump up into the low to mid 10s on Tuesday and mid 10s to low 20s on Wednesday. Lows will drop into the mid single digits tonight before mid to upper single digits move in on Tuesday night and mid 10s roll in on Wednesday night.
Dry conditions will hold across the DC Region through Tuesday as partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies are expected. Wednesday will see an increase in clouds and a chance of some light snow during the evening. Afternoon highs will rise into the low to mid 20s today before mid 20s move in on Tuesday and low to mid 30s roll in on Wednesday. Lows will drop into the low to mid 10s tonight before mid to upper 10s move in on Tuesday night and mid to upper 20s track in on Wednesday night.
Have a fantastic weekend folks!
Looking like mostly cloudy skies will persist throughout the day today before a threat of rain moves in during the night before changing over to snow by Saturday morning. A chance of snow will persist into Saturday, mainly early. Sunday will see a chance of snow move back into the region. Highs will rise into the mid to upper 40s today before temperatures decline into the 30s by the afternoon on Saturday. Mid to upper 20s are expected on Sunday. Lows will drop into the mid 30s tonight before low to mid 20s move in on Saturday night and low to mid 10s settle in on Sunday night.
Rain will move into the region later tonight before partly cloudy skies move in on Saturday. Clouds will increase on Sunday. Highs will rise into the low to mid 50s today before low to mid 50s settle in on Saturday and mid to upper 30s on Sunday. Lows will drop into the low 40s tonight before low to mid 30s move in on Saturday night and low to mid 20s roll in on Sunday night.
Have a fantastic weekend folks!
Main threat: Cold today and tonight. Wind chills in the single digits.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Increasing clouds. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Main threat: Frigid mainly tonight.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s/Low 20s
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Thursday: Chance of spotty showers. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/Low 40s
Good News: Freezing temperatures start to loosen their grip into the end of the week.
Bad News: Rain and snow move into western PA late this week into the weekend. Rain chance continues into this weekend for DC.