Despite a warmer trend in the mid-levels of the atmosphere on the models, western PA should still see a chance of snow overnight Friday and into early Saturday. NW PA will be the best chance for any to lay on the ground, but rain mixed in early could keep accumulations limited to a dusting if that. SW PA will most likely see a sloppier solution, mostly rain with some flakes potentially mixing in. The closer you get to the ocean, the less likely it will be to see any snow. Showers will move into the DC Region today before drying out into the late work week. Western PA will stay mainly dry the next couple days before a chance of rain moves in Friday with potential for snow to mix in during the overnight hours into Saturday. Afternoon highs in the low 60s in the DC Region today will drop into the upper 50s to low 60s tomorrow before mid to upper 50s move in on Friday. Lows in the mid 40s tonight will fall into the low to mid 40s on Thursday and Friday night. Western PA will see highs in the 50s today before mid 40s to low 50s move in on Thursday and Friday. Lows in the 30s are expected into the weekend. Definitely a good week to get some hot apple cider or hot chocolate. It’s hump day. Get over it! Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 49; Wind Chill: 45
- Franklin, PA: 46; Wind Chill: 41
- New Castle, PA: 47; Wind Chill: 47
- Butler, PA: 48; Wind Chill: 45
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 53; Wind Chill: 50
- Uniontown, PA: 49; Wind Chill: 48
- State College, PA: 52; Wind Chill: 50
- Frederick, MD: 61; Wind Chill: 61
- BWI Airport, MD: 61; Wind Chill: 61
- DC (KDCA): 63; Wind Chill: 63
Main threat: Rain Friday. Snow mixing in with rain late.
- Today: Partly sunny. Breezy. Cooler. Highs: 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Slight Chance of showers across the northern tier. Highs: Upper 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to mid 30s
- Friday: Chance of showers during the day. Snow mixes in with rain overnight. Highs: Mid 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: 30s
Main threat: Showers today.
- Today: Showers likely. Afternoon Highs: Low 60s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
- Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Upper 50s/Low 60s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
- Friday: Increasing clouds. Highs: Mid to Upper 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
Good News: If you like cold weather, then it is good news. Temperatures warm up a bit by mid next week.
Bad News: Conditions start turning colder today and the cool down occurs through the weekend. If you don’t like snow then Friday night and early Saturday is bad news for western PA.