Stormy conditions will continue after a storm-filled start to the work week yesterday in western PA. Severe thunderstorms are possible in PA again as damaging winds and heavy downpours remain the biggest threat. Isolated tornadoes are also possible in PA across the north. A chance of wet weather will move into the DC Region today as well. The threat of wet weather will persist through the middle of the week before conditions try to dry out into the second half of the week. Highs in the 70s and low 80s will occur in western PA over the next 3 days. DC will see 90s today and tomorrow before 80s settle in on Thursday. Keep an eye to the sky today with the severe potential in PA. Be safe and enjoy your two-for-Tuesday!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 71
- Franklin, PA: 68
- New Castle, PA: 68
- Butler, PA: 68
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 72
- Uniontown, PA: 71
- State College, PA: 68
- Frederick, MD: 68
- BWI Airport, MD: 73
- DC (KDCA): 77
Main threat: Severe weather potential today and tomorrow. Damaging winds and heavy downpours main threat. Isolated tornadoes possible.
- Today: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some could be severe. Highs: 70s/Low 80s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 60s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs: 70s Overnight Lows: 50s
- Thursday: Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers in NW PA. Highs: 70s Overnight Lows: 50s
Main threat: Showers and storms tomorrow and Wednesday.
- Today: Chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon/evening. Highs: Mid 90s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 70s
- Wednesday: Threat of showers and storms continues. Highs: Upper 80s/Low 90s Overnight Lows: Low 70s
- Thursday: Chance of showers and storms lingers. Highs: Mid to Upper 80s Overnight Lows: Upper 60s/Low 70s
Good News: If you don’t like the heat, things will cool off a bit heading into the second half of the week.
Bad News: Stormy pattern continues through mid week. Severe weather potential holds on today.