Looks like a bit of an unsettled day across PA and into the DC Region as showers and storms should occur. Some of these storms could be severe, with the main risks being heavy downpours and damaging winds. Small hail is also possible as the chance of a tornado is little to none. The chance of spotty showers and storms will persist into Thursday before conditions start to try and dry out Friday. A cool down will take place for the late work week before temperatures start to warm up during the weekend. A nice Saturday and Sunday is in store for much of the region. We’re halfway there til the holiday weekend folks. Have a good day!
Current (6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 60
- Franklin, PA: 55
- New Castle, PA: 63
- Butler, PA: 61
- Pittsburgh (KAGC): 62
- Uniontown, PA: 62
- State College, PA: 52
- Frederick, MD: 55
- BWI Airport, MD: 62
- DC (KDCA): 64
Main threat: Showers and storms. Some storms could be severe in southwestern PA today.
- Today: Showers likely, thunderstorms possible. Some storms could be severe in SW PA. Highs: Low to Mid 70s Overnight Lows: Mid 50s to Low 60s
- Thursday: Partly sunny skies. Slight chance of lingering showers Highs: Mid 60s to Low 70s Overnight Lows: Upper 40s/Low 50s
- Friday: Slight chance of spotty showers. Otherwise, partly sunny and cool. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Upper 40s/Low 50s
Main threat: Showers and storms. Some storms could be severe today/tonight.
- Today: Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs: Mid to Upper 70s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 60s
- Thursday: Slight chance of showers/thunderstorms. Otherwise, partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 80s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 50s
- Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid 70s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 50s
Good News: Memorial Day Weekend warms up into the 70s in western PA and 70s/80s in the DC Region. Saturday and Sunday should be nice overall. Monday could bring in storms later in the day.
Bad News: Severe thunderstorms chances today into tonight. Main threats are damaging wind and heavy rains. Hail possible. PA could see threat of wet weather on Memorial Day.